Thursday, September 04, 2008

Has it been nearly a week already?


It was last week, on the 25th of August that I got all packed up and ready for my ride to Milwaukee and Harley-Davidson's 105th Anniversary celebration. Originally intending to leave my house between 1 and 2 PM, I had been gifted with my boss on the Friday before. She told me she didn't expect to see me Monday and to have a good time.
"Be careful." Her admonition joined the chorus others were giving me, too. I sorta started to wonder before leaving what it was they thought I was in for, or was it me that was naieve?
So this picture was taken by my daughter Nicki just before I saddled up and hit it. The time was about 9:30. In other words, an hour later than I hoped but about what I expected. the upper right shows the mileage on the odometer before I started the motor.
It was a great morning to start out and the first fuel stop a mile from the house added an important .99 gallons to the tank.
To be continued.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

A guy at a related company to mine was out from Milwaukeee just before that saying he was really looking forward to it when he got back.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home