Sunday, February 14, 2010

too many things to deal with

It seems there are conservatives that are quite upset with President Obama directly mentioning the US Supreme Court decision regarding corporate contributions during his State of the Union address. Give me a break. These are the same people that were willing to invoke the machinations of the Constitution when Bill Clinton got a Lewinsky in a coat closet. Oh yeah, THAT was worthy of bringing governance to a halt over.

It snowed about 10 inches around the DFW area on Thursday. On Friday, I realized that live oak trees don't grow in the north because they are not designed to support that much snow. More broken branches than in a tornado's aftermath. It has all melted away now, but it still isn't in the sixties yet. :-(

It's NBA All-Star weekend in Dallas. It seems that celebrity sighting has come to the area full force. I'm sorry, but I don't care if that IS Lebron... he isn't planning to make my mortgage payment.

Either I am beginning to have some really intense, odd dreams or am beginning to remember them. I am amused, whichever it is.

I clicked on an ad on the Dallas Morning News website site. It had to do with stimulus money being available to pay for college. Apparently, in completing a form to receive more information, I have applied to 4 online universities. The submit button hadn't refreshed before my phone rang with one of the schools contacting me. Thursday was spent fielding/ignoring calls from the others. There is an entire industry of call center boiler room operations that has developed based in internet inquiries. They screen a person a bit then connect them to another level of screening. Everyone is getting paid for each level of phone call, I am pretty sure. So I spoke with everyone - I am supporting the economic recovery. Until I reached the persons that are making commission. You can spot them right away. The questions all changed and they began attempting to close the deal. When they realize I was only mildly interested, they moved on pretty rapidly. But it was very cool to learn how that all works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home