Sunday, October 27, 2019

The best is now as well as yet to come.

Earlier this summer I was walking my dog near my house when we encountered a woman also out for a walk. We were headed the same direction on the sidewalk but her pace was much quicker than little Jimbo and I were traveling. As she passed, she offered a benediction - "Have a blessed day!" My usual rejoinder to this expression is ,"I am awake and alive. It is already a blessed day for me."
As she strode away, she lamented, "this world gets me down. But when I get to heaven.."
It struck me then and it stills strikes me now that she is missing out on joy. There is a special joy I feel when I contemplate my place in this world and eternity, embraced by God's grace. Is there evil in this world? Yes. Does it grieve me when bad things happen to others? Of course.
But isn't the peace that passeth understanding promised to us NOW, in *this* world?
If your relationship with God isn't building you hope for today, I wonder if you understand that eternity has already begun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home