Monday, June 06, 2005



General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Today is the 61th anniversary of D-Day , that fateful day depicted in the movie Saving Private Ryan.
There is no way I can understand the mood of the country at that time; it was 15 years before I was born. But I would like to add my thanks to those who were around at the time - both those that went to fight and those that stayed behind.

War seems pointless to me in so many ways. I am thankful that I haven't had to face an enemy that wants me dead. But I felt it important to add my voice to the thanks going out to the "greatest generation" that stemmed the tide of Facism.

May God grant peace to those still living who endured this struggle. On both sides of the line, for God's love is universal and knows political bounds. (Take heart Democrats! We are loved too, not matter what the GOP tells us.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

RIP to all that were involved....

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home