Thursday, February 09, 2006

Privatize this!

As a radical moderate I find I can get equally cranked up about the disingenuousness of both the lefties and the right. Article in todays NYTimes reports how business folks in NYC are being given a new service that allows them to skip the lines of travelers waiting to get through airport security. But that's not what I'm cranked up about. What hacks me off is that these champions of private enterprise are receiving a government subsidy for this new service in the form of a half million dollars of free equipment and screeners from Homeland Security to operate this business.

Let's see now: 50,000 people at JFK are forced to wait in ever longer lines because the number of screeners has been reduced by 6.5%, and now they pull 16 more screeners away and $500,000 of equipment and put it at the heliport where less than 500 people get the privilege of expedited personal screening for the low price of $150. This fee is paid to a private company that uses the services of federal employees and federally owned equipment at no charge.

What I want to know is this, where is the return on MY investment in this company? How is it that I'll be sharing in the profits? As a financing partner I fully expect the check to be in the mail the very first quarter this company realizes a return on my investment.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I'm right handed. Does that count for anything? =D

1:13 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I'm reporting you. You're either with us, or you're against us!

Hail Bush!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

It is no surprise to find these sorts of priviledges extended to those with the power, through monetary contributions and connections. It sort of proves the Golden Rule of this world - He who has the gold makes the rules.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home