Friday, August 14, 2009

Yell louder, God can't hear you...

First of all, please know that the title there is very tongue in cheek. I'm not suggesting one need be more earnest or fervent to get God's attention. I believe that when you give Him your attention, you receive His.
But I often get emails suggesting that we should all send the email on to all the people we care about so that God can see how many of us are praying about something and we can change His mind or get Him to answer us in the manner we desire. Something like this line -

"If you do and they comply, we will lift up millions and millions of prayers a day to our Creator. He will hear, and will answer."

I love the person that sent this to me, but I have difficulty with this premise. I haven't got much time this morning to really think about this, but I will and I think I will post more on it later. But it seems to me as a Christian, one who claims a personal relationship with Christ, that I don't really need millions and millions of others to get my point heard.
Hope you are having a great day today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

This falls into the same category as "Prayer works" a phrase that makes me cringe. Not that I don't believe that when we pray it makes a difference. Or that I question the motives or faithfulness of those using the phrase. No, my problem is that "Prayer works" in my ears reflects an understanding of prayer as pious magic: that we can move the hand of an unwilling God.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home