Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time to Declare a New Major

My wife says I'm the perpetual student. Every few months or so I find another reason to think about going back to school. But now I have the ultimate reason -- I can do an undergraduate degree in Grateful Dead Studies and then follow it up with post-grad research and a doctorate with a thesis like "The Confluence of Hallucinogenics and The Jesus Movement" and connecting the spiritual quest of the Deadheads and the early Jesus People in California and New England. And here's the respected university that is making all this possible: University of California at Santa Cruz. Check out the NYT article

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh! How fancy! DO IT. And when you do, I wanna read that thesis.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

I'm ready to start tomorrow. Do you have a spare $60K laying around?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I might, lemme check my pockets. Hold on...

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home