Wednesday, December 28, 2005

One picture is worth a thousand words.
I picture myself -
Brushing the outside of my fingers across your cheek
Reaching, gathering a few strands of your hair between my thumb and fingers, holding it softly
Sliding my fingertips over your forehead into your hair and over your head – almost a scratch, but not quite
Feeling the back of your neck soften as I move the outside of my thumbs down it to your shoulders
Kneading, circling your temples with my fingers
Cradling your hand in mine and drawing my thumb from your wrist to each fingertip, massaging the pressure of your day out
Gently rubbing your eyelids and cheekbones, starting from the bridge of your nose moving out to your ear
Holding you close.

You know what the words are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home