Thursday, February 23, 2006

Surprise.

It is always a surprise to me to discover she still loves me.
Every day I wonder, "Will today be the day she stops? Will today be the day I cross over the line? Will today be the day she learns that one thing to make her stop?"
I know so much about myself and what goes through my mind, it seems incredible that she could love me.
So every time I see it, I am surprised. And joyous.
Does she say it? Not usually; at least not with direct words.
Mostly it's a gesture, a phrase, a confidence shared. It is in the trust I am given.

You'd think by now, I would just accept it as a given. The sun will rise, I will be loved. But I expect neither as a right. Every day, both are gifts I can't earn.

Accept the gifts you are given today.

Love surprises.

1 Comments:

Blogger daisyduke said...

I Love you Kurt Booth. And I Love Mrs. Kurt Booth for loving you, too.

of course.
no expectations lead to no disappointment.

and acceptance.
what a concept.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home