Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am so, so, so married...................

I have been eligible for a phone upgrade for a couple of years now, but hadn't gotten around to it.

I have been carrying this phone for the past five or six years, I guess. I hear all the talk about picture/camera phones with mp3 players, blah, blah blah. I had convinced myself I only needed one that rang and could place calls. When I started texting, I began to see more possibilities but still....

Then 2 weekends ago, I lost my phone. Or it was stolen. That is still open to debate. I get the number suspended and begin deciding what to do. I finally decided that, after all these years, I would use this as an opportunity to upgrade/replace my missing phone. So I ordered this one -

A nice compact model with a 4X digital zoom camera. Nothing extravegant. Still reasonably priced (end cost about $40) and something that I can use. I still haven't bought a digital camera (unlike mel, who is on her 43rd...), so I thought this would be cool. The camera arrived last Monday.

After a brief visit to Customer Service Hell (I saw Leslie there!), the confusion with T-Mobile about whether a SIM card should have been sent with the phone or not was resolved, a new SIM was promised and supposedly sent. In the meantime, boy/man that I am, I HAD to see how the phone worked. Solution? I put my wife's SIM from her phone in it. She carried it two days.

The promised SIM arrived yesterday. I called T-Mobile to get my number activated again and am back in the cel phone world. Any of you with my number, call me. I lost all your numbers with the other phone.....

Oh yeah, guess what is in my pocket for a cel phone? Yeah, you knew. It is this phone -

6 Comments:

Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Huh? Your wife has never had her phone upgraded through the years either? Or am I just totally confused?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

apparently she had hers upgraded this week....

honestly, if either of us had initiative we probably would have been divorced in the first 5 years, but we are both too lazy

3:34 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

You're bad.

The Mel comment cracked me up. I don't know if she'll ever read it, but it was funny.

9:47 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

She'll never see it...

My cell is the only phone I have, so if I ever lost it, I'd be incommunicado with the world. Maybe that's not a such a bad thing..

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

So you saw me in customer service hell, eh? Yup, I'm there quite a lot. Hee hee!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

UPDATE - she ordered me a phone. same one...

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home