Monday, May 04, 2009

Garden...

Ok, this will likely get pretty boring (or even MORE boring) but I am geeked about eating stuff I grew...
Yesterday I transplanted zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, basil and green bell peppers. I think these should all be producing about the end of June, if not before. Someone else has some cucumbers in as well.
There are a dozen cantaloupe plants up in the bed, too. Stephanie ate the strawberry that was ready yesterday. There had been one the day before I thought was about ripe. Apparently so, as the birds had eaten half of it by the time I got there in the afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Fresh from the garden is great. But I don't have the patience or work ethic to grow a large variety of vegetables. Prepping soil, plotting the layout of the plants (so that I don't end up with cukaloupes like I accidentally did last year), and then weeding and watering and staking and suckering, etc is more effort than I'm willing to put in. For some working in the soil is pure joy and a pleasant diversion from life's demands. For me it's just another one of those demands if I'm to enjoy the pleasures of reaping a harvest.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home