Monday, June 13, 2005

I can't afford stupidity. Can you?


Take the paint away...
and you have the car that someone parked outside my loading dock door this morning. Oh, and rip off all the body molding, roll down the windows and add a lovely rust patina to the outside where the paint used to be and you have my illegally parked car. And I have to call the wrecker to come get it.
The owner of this car abviously doesn't have the $100 or so it will cost to get it out of impound. What were they thinking?

When I managed a restaurant, we had employees that were driving without licenses, no insurance, expired inspection stickers, etc. Then when the police sees the inspection sticker and pulls them over, things get really expensive. So they spend $500 on tickets when if they had done what they were supposed to, it wouldn't have cost that much.
Sort of like when I was MUCH younger and a partying boy. My older brother taught me well - if you are going to party in the car, make sure all your lights are working. It would absolutely suck to get busted because you had a taillight out.
Leads me to the question, why are those that can least afford it, stupid?

2 Comments:

Blogger Zan said...

I never thought about it that way before...
I got busted for late inspection/registration. Mostly because I'm bullheaded and never had time or didn't feel like taking care of it. Though looking back on it finding time and giving a shit would have been a lot cheaper. That was a while back, I guess I like money a lot more now.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Zan - I paid for 2 expired inspection stickers...I was going to try to add a month a year and get the 13th year free. Twice.
Now I try to take care of stuff.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home