Friday, March 03, 2006

The Lion Roared


There's an old saying that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Well the lion roared. Nothing major. Just under a half a foot of snow. But it snuck in. Up until about 12 hours before the snow started the forecast called for a dusting. Reminds me of a forecast I heard in central PA: "snow flurries tonight with accumulations up to three inches." Enjoy the view. It's pretty watching the wind blow the powdery snow all around in the sunlight. Unusual for us to get such a light, powdery snow this time of year. Usually it's very wet and heavy. Great for snowballs and heart attacks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

Hey, isn't that the house you live in?
Oh, and when I clicked on the picture to enlarge it, I noticed the north wind blowing the snow off. Brrrrrr.
Now I remember why I live in Texas. It's only going to reach 65 today. Thanks for the reminder.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want snow!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Jenn, you can have ours! Just come and get it. Snow and suburbia don't mix. On the highway yesterday I had an 8 car pileup right in front of me and at least 4 other cars going off the road behind me. And most of the problems are caused by the SUV's who forget that 4 wheel drive helps you go, it doesn't make you STOP!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha! "Why you not say stop, ehstupid?!"

Wake, I'll take your snow or even a giant peeing on the state. We have a record high of dry spells this year, since it was either 1904 or 1934. I just know it's been ages. There are crazy fires whisping about and it already feels like mid-summer out here! I can only imagine what we're in for when it IS mid-summer. I'm gonna die of a heat stroke. I despise all things hot! Well, except for chili.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

oh yeah, you still get the James Booth Memorial Ides Of March Storm to come as well.

8:31 AM  
Blogger paul said...

that picture and that house are beautiful.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home