Thursday, July 20, 2006

Did we do this already?

there are so many things to say and so little time to say them, and yet i wonder if this is a repeat? thanks to miffy who had this show up on my myspace page...
You scored as Christianity. Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian.

Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

79%

Judaism

46%

Buddhism

42%

Paganism

42%

Islam

38%

Hinduism

33%

Satanism

33%

agnosticism

29%

atheism

8%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

7 Comments:

Blogger annamaria said...

I apparently am pagan, which is funny, since I'm an atheist. Allow me to register the standard complaint, though, and point out that those questions sucked. For instance, this one:

"Women and men are equal in the eyes of God."

My inclination is to say "yes" since, you know, I'm a feminist and all. But to answer yes is to imply a belief in God. So do I answer "no" and let the quiz think I'm a sexist ass? Or answer "yes" and skew the answer toward theism? Or do I just let it go, since it's just a silly internet quiz? :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Gee Annamaria, at least the questions in this silly internet quiz have more substance, and are less biased, than the ones I get four or five times a day from all the groups trying to figure out if Joe Lieberman is going to be re-elected as a Democrat or an independent. MoveOn.org is one of my favorites. They begin their poll with statements like George Bush has illegally invaded a sovereign country and used illegal wiretaps to spy on private citizens, under the pretext of making keeping our country safe. And yet the world is more dangerous now than it was when the Republicans stole the presidency in the last election. Joe Lieberman has given unwavering support for Bush and his policies. In the upcoming primary do you intend to vote for Ned Lamont, or Joe Lieberman?

Golly, call me an idiot unable to see through this political ad poll. And the tv ads are even worse. Lieberman has one running in which he totes himself as the true democrat since Lamont voted with the Republicans 80% of the time as a Greenwich selectman --- omigosh, he agreed with them that the trash should be collected and to install stop signs, etc!!!

I think I'll just join you in being a sexist ass -- or is that a godless feminist?

Can I give them your phone number to call instead?

1:08 PM  
Blogger annamaria said...

Wake, I would accuse you of hyperbole if I wasn't so familiar with MoveOn's particular brand of push polling! I finally had to take my name of their mailing list because I was getting two or three similar missives a day from them! Michigan is in the middle of a contentious gubernatorial race right now, and I'm dreading answering my phone.

Of course, I do love to mess with the survey takers. I once got a call from the MI Republicans, and was asked various questions including my absolute favorite: "do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice?" I could just imagine the look on that poor schmuck's face when I said "both." He kind of sputtered, paused, and then gallantly proceeded with the next question. I would have loved to have seen how he logged that call!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

and here i was thinking she was reacting to the silly comment i made about whether if i said no to her question about whether i wanted a CD if she would still send it to me!

1:52 PM  
Blogger annamaria said...

Well, Kurt, you never answered yes or no about the CD! So, which is it? CD with or without a side of cyber-stalking? :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

How come he gets the offer of being stalked? My grim reaper look is waaaayyyyyy cuter than he is.....

3:45 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

cool your pipes, turbo......
i sent her YOUR address!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home