Wednesday, April 04, 2007

New Music Monday Wednesday Edition

Seems like it's always Wednesday before I get around to thinking about posting something for New Music. Heard Jenny by I'm From Barcelona off the Let Me Introduce My Friends cd on college radio this morning - you might want to give a listen. Or not. It was almost quirky, definitely sugary, and yet not quite pop.

An Amazon reviewer kind of got it right.
"Let Me Introduce My Friends" is basically pop for people who like bands with a slightly sugary sound, but a pleasant melody as well. "Let Me Introduce My Friends" is basically all sunshine, spring grass and childlike fun -- very charming.

I don't know about the charming part, but listening to this group made me try to remember why it was that we listened to the Incredible String Band almost on a regular basis...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I heard from what's her face in the midst of my Yankees game tonight ... clearly the highlight of the game for me.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home