Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Texas gets it right sometimes...

So this guy comes home at night and discovers his wife inside another man's truck parked in his driveway. It is clear that things of a sexual nature are taking place. The wife notices her husband and begins crying rape. The surprised truck owner tries to drive away, but the husband, acting to protect his wife, shots and kills the driver. Initial police reports include the wife's claim that she was being raped. Turns out, she had invited her lover to come by for a tryst which the husband interrupted.
The wife has been indicted on manslaughter charges. The husband was not charged with murder, which the police had arrested him on.
While the rest of the country might consider this strange, it sounds like justice is being served to my ears....

2 Comments:

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

That's definitely an interesting story.

In reply to your comments on Rat's blog...

I wouldn't struggle with the debate of Jeter over Tejada. I have no respect for Tejada. He's a playoff goat (as is Eric Chavez - my most hated player not named Bonds or playing in pinstripes (that on principle alone)). I WOULD atake Jeter in a heartbeat over pretty much any shortstop (save Michael Young) in baseball today.

All the same, Jeter is and will always be a Yankee. Some things are sacred and should be respected. In this the Red Sox should never make a play for him.

I do feel that the play at the plate against Giambi was a gimme. Giambi was a bloated stoner bitch who refused to slide. I could outrun him in a 50 yard dash and I could drop 50 pounds from the middle. That says something.

As far as Yankees go, I respect Jeter and Matsui. That's it. I respect Buster Olney's take on the 96-01 Yankees. There were players on there that were teamplayers that made their mark on the team (as did average players like Kevin Millar and Dave Roberts who DIED INSIDE when they left the Sox - in the same way Bernie feels now - I respect that).

As far as Rivera goes, I respect that he pitches more than 1 inning, but I will argue his game is an intimidation factor of a pitch that explodes the thin part of the bat.

I should note that I don't respect any reliever ever. There are relievers I like and have liked (Pappelbon, Sutter, Quisenberry), but I don't think the position is worthy of as much respect as some have brought to it (Bobby Thigpen's 57 saves, Lee Smith's career).

And as for watching games at Fenway, I haven't been inside since 2000, but I did go up for game 1 of the 2004 world series to soak up the vibe. Of course, the fans were waiting for the sky to fall. After the consistent St. Louis comebacks, I kind of had doubts too, but after game 1, the motion was there and the season was over.

ANYWAY>>>>
have a great night.

Enjoy the baseball season.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Connecticut would come to the same conclusion on the murder/manslaughter case. It would just take 20 years and a thousand lawsuits to do so...

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home