Sunday, October 21, 2007

Images to Remember

This is the Innes family and our pastor, Terry and his wife Kay at the beginning of the golf tournament. Marcia, Ruth (Bill's widow) and Craig (their son) Innes are on the left. Terry is in the kilt. I really admire a man that takes silliness seriously.






This photo shows me watching my tee shot on the 3rd hole. Our group was the fifth threesome off the tee and this was one of two "Closest to the Pin" holes. The reason for the intensity of my gaze is that I actually won the contest on this hole.
In this picture, you can see the wooden tee marker for this hole. You can also see where the tee box has been mowed. Beyond the fence, the flag for the 17th hole is visible.



One of my playing partners, Kenneth, is pictured hitting his second shot on the third hole. My (winning) tee shot is there in the short grass!. Notice the "hole" placement, just behind the swings. Fair course design that rewards quality shotmaking; that is my motto!


I am standing on the 11th tee here, the second (and last) "Closest to the Pin" hole. I didn't come close on this one. But behind me is the flag for the 9th hole. The 10th hole's fairway is also visible, running alongside the concrete, then making a sharp dogleg to the left behind me.

This was a blast to have happen, and I have already recruited volunteers to work on a committee to organize, improve and put on the event next year. This could be really fun!

9 Comments:

Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Love the knickers. I think I'm gonna have to take a Fall vacation next year and head south to play. Is there a qualifier played up north?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

it was a great way to use the grounds and let some of those that didn't realize see how much grass is being mowed and how hard the mowers work as volunteers. you can start your own qualifier.
i'm thinking that next year i want 2 divisions or rounds played. one with the holy balls and the other as Frisbee golf, then perhaps a challenge between the medalists.
43 was the winning score, by the way. Rich was so happy when he realized there was no putting involved that he invoked blessings down to my children's children.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Great outfits all around. I think I saw one of the Masters Tournaments on that course.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cool. I admire the imagination and time it took in doing all the work. Inspiring, also, for others to be involved.

12:54 PM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

nice pants.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

She's back.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How fun!! Even if you do look like a goober!

Good job, young grasshopper. Good job.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wotta trip Kurt. Love the child swing set shot.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Love the outfit, especially the knee socks. Seriously. You look so sophisticated.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home