Thursday, June 23, 2005

Better call it a house, not home

Well, it's official.
The thought that in America, the poor, the unwanted huddled masses were on an even playing field with the priviledged has been proven to be false. Again.
Today, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that you can be evicted from your perfectly suitable home if someone with more money wants it.
Being originally from Connecticut, I was rooting for the underdogs.
But I guess it is okay for a town to sell its soul in a never-ending quest for jobs, even if it means that after 50 years in the same house (which is not rundown), 80 something year old people can be forced to move.
"Any property may now be taken for the benefit of another private party, but the fallout from this decision will not be random," O'Connor wrote. "The beneficiaries are likely to be those citizens with disproportionate influence and power in the political process, including large corporations and development firms."
Can it be that I am on the same side as Justices O'Connor, Scalia and Thomas?
Yep.
Guess Susette Kelo could join the NRA, buy lots of guns and then say the Feds are trying to take away her Second Amendment rights also...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the word? Oh,yes. Flabberghasted! I can't believe the Supreme Court ruled this way. What next? Will we need an amendment to our Constitution in order to protect our property rights? Maybe so.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I wanna curse a whole bunch right now. Like seriously.

That's about the fucking, for lack of an existing word, stupidest shit I've heard in a while.

Man, this really flamed my hinny!

I haven't a comment toward it, there's nothing to be said.

God bless the US Supreme Court.

P.S. I left you a comment in your "I love summer" post.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home