Friday, August 05, 2005

I never stopped wanting one....


I have two teenage girls.
This means there have been choices to make that reflect the responsibility of parenting. One of the things that I told my wife was that I wouldn't own a motorcycle until the youngest was 18. Which is 11 months away.

And now I have seen the future and the past. It is Triumph. The last time I checked their web site, they made all these crotch rocket shit bikes (sorry, Damon). I'm too old for that and I just wanted a killer sound and extreme functionality. Like the old days.

The folks at Triumph have discovered what their pedigree is and are now producing classic looking bikes. All the technological upgrades we need, like push button start and elctronic ignition, with the excess and bloated look of the huge Hondas, Yamaha, et al.

Reasonably priced around $5,000 ~ $7,000 (used & new), I have found my newest mid-life crisis "gotta have one." It will look so good with my earring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last weekend I had some of the family over. Eileen mentioned that she'd always wanted to ride on a Harley. Like Stephanie, she had always told me I had to choose between her and a bike so this was very surprising. So Lance came by Tuesday and they went riding on his Road King. I surfed the web, probably looking at the same sites you did, and saw how Triumph had returned to its roots with the Bonneville. Saw the price tags. Oh man, for five grand I can be riding something really sweet! And looked at the college tuition bill. And looked at what I've spent on college for me and the kids in the last 3 years and looked at the picture of that bike and looked at the prices and.... needless to say, I've bought 2 Triumphs and a Harley in the last two years, and UConn, Wittenberg and St Mary's College of Maryland are riding them! All I get are the payments!

8:26 AM  
Blogger daisyduke said...

just watch it...when your baby's date pulls up in one of those sweet rides...then what?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

paul- after 20 something years, yeah, I know
Wake - Stephanie never made me make the choices. I did becuz I wanted to be around for the girls (even though you never know)
daisy - both of my babies are way smarter than their dad was at that age. If the guy seems reasonable, I trust they will have a nice time. If he is covered with tats and rings, we may have a problem...

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home