Monday, August 22, 2005

Mi hija esta saliendo este Jueves...

Yes, it's true. Hannah is heading for Spain for 118 days. She is going to Alcala de Henares and will live with a host while attending the fall semester at Universidad de Alcala.
Her mom is obsessing and I am jealous as our living room is overrun with her practice packing. Have you ever seen the space saver storage bags for packing with? It reminds me of a vacum packaging food storage, only you connect your vacum cleaner to it. It really compresses things down so she can fit alot in one bag. Of course, she probably can't lift it.
We went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought a second web cam and microphone. I just tested it with her and it works pretty well. This way, Mom can see her and they can converse over the net. I hope her host has a high speed connection. Does anyone have any experience with this - overseas VOIP with video? Is AIM the best way? It certainly seems easy. I also need to learn how to route through the firewall.

1 Comments:

Blogger daisyduke said...

I have no experience with VOIP overseas, or otherwise...but the sealed baggie thing is definitely the way to go. You do realize, however, that she will need more luggage to come home, as nobody can ever pack it up just right on the return trip. That, and holy mackeral, she's going to Spain!!!!
There's bound to be gobs of good stuff to bring home...what a fantastic experience for her. I wish I'd have studied overseas...I really look forward to reading your updates~

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home