Friday, December 30, 2005

Annamaria's away

so I wish more would play...
It's Friday Random Ten time again. Here's my list -
1)Amor Bonito - Pablo Montero
2)Cuandos Los Anos Pasen - Jose Alfredo Jimenez
3)Drive South - John Hiatt
4)El Cantinero - Jose Alfredo Jimenez
5)Eyes of the World - Grateful Dead
6)Family Reserve - Lyle Lovett
7)Mi Ranchito - Linda Ronstadt
8)My Best Was Never Good Enough - Bruce Springsteen
9)Olvidame - Vicente Fernandez
10)Thirty Years of Tears - John Hiatt

BTW, Annamaria, if you happen to see this, I gave Picaresque to my brother-in-law as a Christmas gift.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

1)I'm All Yours -- Rachel Lampa
2)Little Bitty --- Alan Jackson
3)Security --- Stacie Orrico
4)The Sound of the Round -- Annie Herring
5)Symphony No. 9 -- Beethoven
6)Little Man --- Alan Jackson
7)Could Not Love You More -- Among Thorns
8)God Will Provide a Lamb -- Michael Card
9)Shanty for the Arethusa -- the Decemberists
10)I Need You -- Jars of Clay

anybody who likes something different might want to check out the Decemberists. Celtic sounding folk/alt rock: a group that's hard to pigeon hole but seems to have a solid following on campuses on the Right Bank (East Coast for flatlanders!)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Hey Kurt, is Picaresque the Picaresque by the Decemberists?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

yes, that's the one. annamaria turned me on to them through the FRT.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

In fact, check out her dismay over the band signing with Capitol Records.

8:37 PM  
Blogger annamaria said...

My blogging vacation unfortunately meant I wasn't reading anyone else's stuff either--I just saw this! How wonderful, a gift of the Decemberists! Rich sent me a Decemberists 7" (16 Military Wives) and T-shirt for Christmas. Very cool.

Oh, and I like the snowflakes on the blog...very festive! Though I imagine that's all the snow you're seeing in Texas! :)

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home