Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Old World Brews

All that money spent to advertise, and then it's not even available for me to purchase.

'Round about the same time I was sampling all the regional independent brews my buddies and I were trying to discover the Old World brew that was eminently drinkable, and was meant to be enjoyed frosty cold. Somehow the English notion that beer was meant to be imbibed at the same temperatures as it was later excreted as a bodily fluid just didn't seem palatable. So skip the Guiness, what else you got buddy?

That's when we discovered a wonderful Danish brew - Carlsberg. When I moved to Texas I could never find it in the Beer Barn. After moving back to CT it was one of the things I anticipated being able to enjoy once again -- like hills, and green grass and snow. But silly me, while I was gone the beer disappeared. Haven't seen it since. But rumor has it that it is once again to be found in the states. Gonna hafta google it.

What's your favorite import beer from the old world? Are you a fan of English/Irish style brews, or is the German/Belgian/Czech stuff more to your liking?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Having a Guinness right now.

I don't know where you'll be able to buy it short of going to Canada, but here's some downloads to hold you over.

http://www.carlsberg.co.uk//downloads/default.aspx

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home