Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Yipes! She's going to Spain!


University of Alcala, Spain
Well, I hope this works out...
I purchased air fare today for my daughter to head to Spain for the Fall 2005 semester. Having never done any of this before, it is sort nerveracking.
Somehow we managed to get her to college, but this overseas thing seems more complex. $1,100 for round trip seemed ok, but it is sort of a Catch-22.
In order to get s student visa, you must have completed itinerary. But if the visa doesn't come through, you are out the cash for the ticket.
Plus, the visa application seems to easy. Which is the trick question?
Then you wonder if you are doing the right thing. All our friends' children are going with groups from their schools. My daughter IS the group from the University of Alabama!
Small questions like who picks her up at the airport kind of nag at me...
How does she meet the host family?
At least she is too young to take advantage of the free overnight hotel stay in London that British Airways offered.
Check out Best Fares for a good deals on travel. At least it looks that way to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home