Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The 885 Greatest Albums

The title of this post is a link to WPXN from Philadelphia. They are an NPR station @ 88.5 FM (hence the reason for 885 albums). The past week or so they are counting down their list of the best of all-time. It is part of their anniversary celebration.

What's cool is they have a link on the page that allows you to stream the station (even a dial-up - there's a speed for that). They are playing 3 cuts from each of the albums as they go and often not the "hits" we are so used to. Today the are getting into the low 100s.

While they may be a bit 60s/70s centered, I have heard some newer things I hadn't heard before. I'm also surprised how many of these I own (most still on vinyl) and/or were very familiar with. Check it out, it's worth a listen and look.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I LOVE 60's and 70's music! WOOT! I wanna hear! I'm excited!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Kurt, that wasn't an attempt for attention. Just go back for a follow up post.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home