Friday, December 30, 2005

So long 2005

It's incredibly strange to think that this year is about over. I have been working my job for 52 weeks, yet it seems in some ways like both 52 minutes and 52 years. What is now normal didn't exist in my world last year, but seems as though I have been here all along. I had never looked at a blog before last April; now it seems like a perfectly normal thing to spend time (5 minutes or 2 hours) reading through the various threads that catch my eye. A comment will lead to a profile which leads to a blog which leads to a link to an interesting idea. Another comment and profile and I am down a whole other path.
Many of you that are reading this have experienced the same. For me, there was no one's site I was looking for, no friend gave me posting that I had to see. Any place in the blog-o-sphere is someplace I stumbled on through some other site (except Mike, who has only come into this part of the cyberworld in the last week).
With that in mind, indulge me while I list some of the more memorable (to me) postings and sites I've seen. Rat, your site has been memorable but is probably not safe at work for others. mel, there were many times your postings made me think all day long, but alas, psychosoccermom is no more and there aren't many archives from the new stuff. Here goes:
Perhaps the first blog I saw was Jen and Annamaria's...blood on my teeth. I'm not sure the exact first post I read but it was about the time of the pickle lady story in April, then came my first Friday Random Ten. I was hooked. Follow this link to their April archives.
Alice's tales of the evil psycho (part 1 and part 2) in her town made for fascinating reading. It also proved to me that maybe the Jerry Springer Show isn't as made up as pro wrestling.
Jenn has provided one of the best story, retold I saw this year, as well as getting punk'd by Katie in outrageous fashion!
Leslie gave me a wonderful crock pot recipe.
Finally, here is a woman that may be kidding, she can't be serious.
Ah, well. To old acquaintances be forgot...

8 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

I, too, am relatively new to the blogging world. I started one back in February, at the urging of my beloved Dusty. It began as a regular old blog, but evolved into a St. Louis Cardinals blog. Back in October, I decided to create another one where I could just talk about my life and other stuff, and I'm glad I did. Over the summer and fall, I stumbled upon several others, mostly the same way as you, and now they're a regular read for me. Happy New Year...

12:14 AM  
Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

I think the ARM is serious. She seems to be saying out loud what the blue state soccer dads are thinking....
Thanks for turning me on to blogs and letting me post here every so often. I love to go from link to link reading stuff (but generally don't post any comments). If I'm not careful I lose so much of the day I end up working half the night.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Bliain Nua Fe Mhaise

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Sorry about the not safe thing. I have contemplated starting a PG one, but my baseball & other rants are few & far between. Maybe once the Yakees get going I'll start up one just for them since I'll have daily thoughts & then it will be safe for "big brother" to read for the work folk. I cannot access mine or any others at work either. Well, I can but I choose not too.

Anyway, Happy New Year.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mike Bacon said...

Happy New Year right back atcha!!!!!

I had been blogging on Yahoo 360, but not with any regularity. ( Is there such a thing as a blog laxative?) Anyway, since I discovered yours Kurt, I decided this one was much better. So here I am!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://pddpwiho.com/zcae/emke.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vpyrfbwr.com/ippw/jdwk.html]Cool site[/url]

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://pddpwiho.com/zcae/emke.html | http://bhckmwqp.com/pmrp/eafw.html

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home