Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Get Ready For Friday --

I know it isn't Friday yet, but I always look forward to it. Mostly because of the opportunity to learn about new artists and their music. From the start, one of the best things about the blog world for me is annamaria's Friday Random Ten, which I pirated and do here now. But this week I want to do something different.

On Friday, I am going to list my personal top 10 list of long guitar driven songs. Simple really. What are the songs that come to your mind when you think about a song that rocks your world, highlighted by spirited guitar work, perhaps some interesting interplay between band mates or transcendent mood changes within the song. I thought to make them "long" songs, at least for this first list. So, I will arbitrarily set the minimum length at 8 minutes. Obviously, this allows for live versions of some "hits" (if there are any out there), but mostly songs that have received little radio play until after their popularity was established.

Think about it for the next few days, please and come back Friday ready to rip my selections like a Jimmy Page solo and slide your favorites onto the list like a Duane Allman stroke of genius (are those hints, you think?).

2 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

One that immediately comes to mind is Nugent's "Stranglehold". It's vintage Uncle Ted.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

not being ugly, you know i love ya, right? but IS IT FRIDAY?
haha
bring it back then but i agree

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home