Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween


Daisy was talking about the weather in DFW last week. I wanted to add my thoughts on it as well. This is what one of my flower beds looked like on Halloween this year. For a yankee from Connecticut, this still blows me away after 25 years.

For the second year in a row, our church hosted a Trunk or Treat event. This is an event where the sponsoring organization has participants that dress their vehicles in "costumes" and children come around the parking lot for a safe trick or treat experience. We sent flyers home with kids from the elementary school next door, to the families of our pre-school and posted some around the neighborhood. Last year we may have had 10 ir 15 kids come by. This year it was probably 75 or 80.



Here is a picture of Stephanie and I in front of our treasure chest (trunk). Put together on the fly much like a junior high science project (we spent ALOT of time THINKING about it), this actually yielded first prize in the judging. I think they just feel sorry for Stephanie. At least she finally found something to use my pierced ear for!

I hope y'all had a great weekend too.

1 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Very creative! I am impressed.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home