Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday (Not So) Random Ten

oh.my.gosh.
The New Riders of the Purple Sage are coming to Dallas! They are playing the Granada Theater in a couple of weeks. David Nelson and Buddy Cage are touring together and the reviews are rave! REAL hippie cowboy music! Yay!!! I wanna go....
So, here is my list for this week in honor of their return. Country/Rock songs they used to be called....
These are by NRPS:
1 I Don't Know You
2 Last Lonely Eagle
3 Glendale Train
4 Take It Easy by Jackson Browne (I like his version better than The Eagles)
5 Box of Rain - Phil Lesh & Friends - I especially like this song when he has a pedal steel AND sax player; i don't think this one has that. Sorry.
6 Lying Eyes - The Eagles
7 Wonderwall by Ryan Adams not a true country/rock guy but a real nice addition to the family
8 CAn't You See by The Marshall Tucker Band
9 Amnesia by The Pousette-Dart Band (couldn't find a link to it)
10 Terrapin Station by David Gans

this list could go on and on but you get the idea....
Tell me yours please!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I was laughing too hard from the opening line to read on through the tears.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have a song from the Pousette-Dart Band. I saw them open for Heart back in '77 or '78. They were an acquired taste, but I liked them.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home