Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter has arrived....


Yep. All this past weekend the local news channels had "Special Coverage of the Artic Blast" that was descending on Texas. It didn't really ice over until Monday, which made for interesting commuting stories for the sparse few that made it into work (of course I did). Yesterday was just cold, the mercury never rising above the magic 32 degree mark. But the sun shone and the roads were mostly clear.
This morning, I woke about 5:30 and thought to myself, "Is that rain? I didn't think it was supposed to rain..."
Actually, it was sleet. And something they call snow in Texas, but to this Yankee it looks more like little bitty ice balls, not snowflakes.
This picture was taken through my windsheild as we drove in. I kept off the freeways we normally traverse and so the drive took much longer than usual. We made the 20 miles in just over an hour. The hardest part was getting out of my suburban city. Too many cars trying to go too fast for my taste.
Anyway, I will enjoy it for the time it is here. But I know that it may be cold for a week but it will soon be back in the 50s and 60s....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home